I am trying to build a simple search query using the Python API:

rd.discovery.search(
view = rd.discovery.Views.EQUITY_QUOTES,
query = "garuda indonesia",
top = 100,
filter = "(AssetState ne 'DC' and SearchAllCategoryv2 eq 'Equities')",
select = "DTSubjectName,ExchangeName,Ticker ,Gics,SearchAllCategory"
)

This works fine, except for "Ticker", that does not provide any data back...

screenshot-2022-12-28-164613.png

I have tried to follow the instructions of using Workspace to add an extra column. Below you can see my screen as I have done this and added some additional columns too.

screenshot-2022-12-28-164733.png

I am fairly sure this is a bug, but when I select the last row and "Export Query", I do not get any of the additional fields. They are available and work, but they are not provided.

rd.discovery.search(
view = rd.discovery.Views.GOV_CORP_INSTRUMENTS,
query = "Garuda Indonesia (Persero) Tbk PT",
top = 10,
filter = "((DbType eq 'GOVT' or DbType eq 'CORP' or DbType eq 'AGNC' or DbType eq 'OMUN' or DbType eq 'OTHR') and IsActive eq true and (FIViewTicker eq 'GIAA'))",
select = "RIC,EJVAssetID,DTSubjectName,BusinessEntity,PI,SearchAllCategoryv3,SearchAllCategoryv2,SearchAllCategory,DBSTicker,CouponRate,MaturityDate,IssueDate,ISIN,RCSCurrencyLeaf,RCSCountryLeaf,DbTypeDescription,InstrumentTypeDescription,RCSCouponTypeGenealogy,FaceIssuedUSD,RCSBondGradeLeaf,FIViewTicker",
order_by = "InstrumentTypeDescription"
)

So my questions are:

1. Why are the user-added fields not in the Export Query screen on Workspace?

2. Could you tell me the correct field for "Ticker", as I cannot find that.

Thank you!

#technologyrdp-apiquery-string
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @JeremyJGreen ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@JeremyJGreen

You should use TickerSymbol instead of Ticker.

rd.discovery.search(
view = rd.discovery.Views.EQUITY_QUOTES,
query = "garuda indonesia",
top = 100,
filter = "(AssetState ne 'DC' and SearchAllCategoryv2 eq 'Equities')",
select = "DTSubjectName,ExchangeName,TickerSymbol,Gics,SearchAllCategory"
)

The output is:

1672221276307.png

For a question regarding the Export Query screen on Workspace, please contact the Refinitiv Workspace support team directly via MyRefinitiv to verify this functionality.

1672221276307.png (49.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Your reply is very much appreciated.

I raised the issue to the helpdesk and it does appear that the export query does not work on custom columns, or indeed some of the standard columns too.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.