Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 1 1 5

How to open Eikon from windows task scheduler?

I have a Python procedure to pull data and update SQL database. Python will open Eikon windows application and then start pulling data. This works out fine if I manually run this Python script.

However, when I'm running this from windows task scheduler, Eikon fails to start. So I tried to have a separate action created on windows task scheduler, which also doesn't work. I also tried putting them into a .bat file, but again, if I manually run the .bat file everything's fine, but via windows task scheduler, Eikon app won't open.

If I manually launch Eikon app, and then run my Python schedule from windows task scheduler, then it runs with success. So the issue is definitely how to open Eikon app from windows task scheduler.

Any ideas? Really appreciate it!

(In start in, I do not have quotes to the directory.)

1673752803573.png

eikon-data-api#productpython apitask-scheduler
1673752803573.png (10.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@rgustin

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@rgustin

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I found answers in the previous discussion.

You can contact the Eikon support team directly via MyRefinitiv to verify this.

I hope that this information is of help

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for replying, I'll reach out to support on this.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.