Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
1 0 2 2

How to restart Eikon automatically, from windows task scheduler?

We need to automatically restart Eikon everyday. Is there a way we can do that in the windows task scheduler?

eikon
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @jason.huang

Please be informed that the Q&A forum is dedicated to Refinitiv Api's general usage questions.

I highly recommend you contact the Eikon support team directly to help you. You can contact the team via the https://my.refinitiv.com/ website.

contact-eikon-support.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
48 0 0 3
taskkill /F /IM EikonBoxNet.exe /T & timeout 5 >nul & taskkill /F /IM EikonBox.exe /T & timeout 5  >nul & call taskkill /F /IM Eikon.exe /T & timeout 10  >nul & start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thomson Reuters\Eikon\Eikon.exe"

I put the following in a .bat file and use the Windows scheduler to run it every day. The order in which you kill the processes is important, otherwise they keep recovering.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you doina. I did the same thing after calling the Eikon support got the answer they don't support the graceful auto restart.

Instead of killing the subprocesses I killed Eikon.exe and I can see all children gone.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.