question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

How do I subscribe all Economic Indicators (=ECI) in /streaming/pricing/v1/ websocket?

Hi. I'm trying to make an Economic calendar using

RKD Street Event - Economic Headlines and Streaming API from RDP.

But here are some questions.

1. Is it possible to subscribe to the whole Economic Indicators? This means subscribing to every indicator with postfix "=ECI".

2. Is there a way to match the upcoming Economic Indicator to the Economic Headline event from RKD Street Event - Economic Headline API?.

(I think I can match them when the actual value and the date field:SRC_ES_NS are up, but how to I match them if actual values are not out yet?)

Thank you.

refinitiv-realtime#technology#contentwebsocketsrkd-apieconomic-data
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @george01 ,

Could you please let us know if this is solved off the forum already?

Thanks,
AHS

@george01

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @george01

I have confirmed with the ECI product team and they confirm there is no Chain RIC that covers all ECI RICs.

The maximum size of a single Batch request message is 64KB - including any header information etc. However, there is no reason why you could not request make multiple batch requests if required.

In terms of subscribing to every single RIC, this would be down to your implementation. As most ECI don't update that often - you could schedule selective subscriptions based on the expected update date+time for a given ECIs - OR you could just subscribe to all of them...

For the Cloud-based Real-Time Optimized service (the real-time streaming element of RDP) the number of open instruments would be dictated by your license/contract - so you can just agree on your required watchlist size with your Refinitiv sales/account team.

We do occasionally amend the ECI RICs - I will reach out to the relevant Data notification team and find out if/how you could be kept updated.

I have no knowledge of the RKD API - I recommend you raise a Content Ticket at My.Refinitiv for the RKD product.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @george01

Our streaming services do not support wildcarding e.g. *=ECI.
However, we do have a spreadsheet containing our ECI coverage
https://thesource.lseg.com/thesource/getfile/index/8668a0cc-f252-4286-9664-5ed60edb8203 (see the Economics Tab, Column B)
You can then use the RICs from the above sheet to perform a Batch Request if required.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @umer.nalla

So it's not possible to subscribe to every Economic indicator?

Then does that mean in order to update every indicator in realtime,

- We need to subscribe every single ECI types (which is about 2000)?

Is there a maximum batch size for the Streaming service?

or

Do we have to keep track of the RIC report schedule and change the subscribing RICs?

2. And could you also answer for this question too?

Is there a way to match the upcoming Economic Indicator to the Economic Headline event from RKD Street Event - Economic Headline API?.

Thank you so much

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @george01

I have been advised that you can indeed sign up for Data Notifications related to ECIs.

Your account team / My.Refinitiv support should be able to advise you on how to do this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.