Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 1 1 6

Eikon C# API using Refinitiv.Data not found error.

Hi,

I'm new to Eikon C# API and just started using it from my Visual Studio 2022.

using Refinitiv.Data;
using Refinitiv.Data.Core;

At the library import, I get the foloowing error,

"The type or namespace name 'Refinitiv' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

I've installed [RefinitivDataAPI] from NuGet and still can't import it.

What's wrong here?

Thank you very much in advance.

eikoneikon-data-api#productc#
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @sou_u ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@sou_u

Thanks for reaching out to us.

According to the namespace, it is Refinitiv Data Library for .Net. The packages are available on NuGet:

The examples are available on GitHub.

I hope that this information is of help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9 1 1 6

@Jirapongse
Thank you for your quick response. I could solve the library import issue.

Now, I'm looking at the following example and copy paste into my Visual Studio.

https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.DataLibrary.DotNet/blob/main/src/2.%20Content/2.2-Pricing/2.2.01-Pricing-Snapshot/2.2.01-Pricing-Snapshot.cs

This time, at the

using Configuration; 

line I get the following error,

"The type or namespace name 'Configuration' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

What I'm supposed to do in this case?

icon clock
10 |1500

It should be the Configuration project in the Example. The project location is at https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.DataLibrary.DotNet/tree/main/src/Configuration

Upvotes
9 1 1 6

@Jirapongse

Thank you again for your reply. It helped me out a lot.

Running the price snapshot example, I get the following error.

What procedure do I need to make the API accessible to the price data?

It looks like an access permission problem.

2023-04-19 19:04:53: Event: SessionAuthenticationSuccess. {

"Contents": "PlatformSession (Cloud) successfully authenticated"

}

2023-04-19 19:04:55: State: Opened. PlatformSession (Cloud) is Opened

Request failed: {

"HTTPStatusCode": 403,

"HTTPReason": "Forbidden",

"Contents": {

"error": {

"id": "d6fa39a4-a203-42bd-b0e8-abce5149f600",

"code": "insufficient_scope",

"message": "access denied. Scopes required to access the resource: [trapi.data.pricing.read]. Missing scopes: [trapi.data.pricing.read]",

"status": "Forbidden"

}

}

}

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @sou_u

The Pricing snapshot service is usually reserved for our Wealth clients. To get access to this specific service, you will need to contact your account manager.

Alternatively, you can bypass this and possibly use the streaming services if you are permissioned. Refer to the Streaming Snapshot example.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 1 1 6

Hello @nick.zincone
What's the difference between the Pricing snapshot and Streaming snapshot? Both sounds a kind of snapshot. How different they are?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @sou_u

Within RDP, there is an endpoint that provides a snapshot of the latest values for a given instrument. This is what you were hitting when you tried your example. The Streaming snapshot communicates with the streaming services within RDP. Using the streaming services, you can request for non-streaming data, also known as snapshot data. When using the streaming API within the library, it also provides the ability to open a stream and perform snapshots within its own managed cache. I would recommend you play with the different Pricing examples to get a better feel what they can do.

Hope this helps.

Upvotes
9 1 1 6

Thank you @nick.zincone for your reply.

With the Streaming Snapshot example, in turn, I get the following error,

"Error": "Failed to open OMM stream - streaming services are unavailable. Verify log details and ensure you have permissions."

Should I contact my account manager for this as well?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @sou_u

Yes, you will need to contact your account manager to request that you need pricing data. They will likely have more details on the packaging and features of what you specifically need from the backend.

BTW, I noticed you are requesting your data via the platform (RDP). I just want to confirm this is your requirement - as opposed to retrieving data via our Desktop application (Refinitiv Workspace).

nick.zincon

I have no problem retriving price data via Refinitiv Data python API, though.

I'm new to Refinitiv Data API so not sure the differenece between data via RDP and data via Desktop application(Refinitiv Workspace). May I ask what are the differences?

Upvote
78.9k 250 52 74

@sou_u

The desktop session requires Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace (a desktop application) to run on the same machine in order to retrieve the data so you need to have an Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace credential. With the platform session, the library connects directly to the Refinitiv Data Platform on Cloud.

The desktop session requires only a client ID (application key) while the RDP session requires a username, password, and client ID (application key).

1681951226565.png

For more information, please refer to the Refinitiv Data Library for .Net overview page.

1681951226565.png (123.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.