Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 2

Status code 400: Bad request on handshake url http://localhost:9000/api/handshake : {"code":400,"message":"Application key is not valid."

Im trying to run CODEBOOK code in Refinitiv Workspace.And I am having trouble using both options:

i) ek.set_app_key('a5n...................4tu')

ii) ek.set_app_key('DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY')

The error message is:

Status code 400: Bad request on handshake url http://localhost:9000/api/handshake : {"code":400,"message":"Application key is not valid.","stack":"Error: Application key is not valid.\n    at /opt/data-platform-proxy/node_modules/src/scripting-proxy-core/server/middlewares/handshake/handshake-application-key-check-middleware.ts:56:40\n    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)","statusMessage":"Bad Request"}
Error on handshake url http://localhost:9000/api/handshake : DesktopSessionError(1, 'Status code 400: App key is incorrect')
#technology#productcodebookapp-keyerror-400
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I found that the client also submitted the case (12570521) to the support team.

<AHS>

Case 12570521 is closed. The Eikon support team just sent the client back to the Q&A forum.

Extend triage.

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0
It's working for me now. Looks like there was an update on PORT from 9000 to 9010
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you so much for this information
Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

@augusto_krappa

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Are you able to run the example code (__Examples__/01. Data Retrieval and Discovery/01 04. Eikon Data API/Eikon_Data_API__Get_Data.ipynb) in Codebook?

1684290360046.png

1684290360046.png (74.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 0 0 0

I'm having the same issue, is there any update?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 2

I am trying to run on the WEB now. It is working, but the connection is cut very soon. I load data for 300 companies and the code is stopping on the 8th.

icon clock
10 |1500

@augusto_krappa

Please share the code that you are using.

the code loops the income statement data for each company:

"

df, err = ek.get_data(

instruments = [ticker],

fields = ['TR.F.ASRIncomeStatement.fieldname','TR.F.ASRIncomeStatement','TR.F.ASRIncomeStatement.date','TR.F.ASRIncomeStatement.FCC'],

parameters = {'Scale': 6, 'SDate': 0, 'EDate': edate,'Period':'FQ0', 'FRQ': 'FQ','AlignType':'PrelimOrPeriodEndDate','ConsolBasis':'Consolidated'}

#fields = ['TR.F.ASRIncomeStatement(SDate=0,Period=FY0,Frq=FY,EDate=-9,Scale=6,AlignType=PrelimOrPeriodEndDate,ConsolBasis=Consolidated)']

)"

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

I've been having the same issue as well (it worked after reinstalling at first, but now it has happened again). Is there any fix?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 2

The 400 error issue appeared back to me in the WEB version now.... Anyone knows what is happening? I think many people is having this problem.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi, this issue also persists on my side. Can anyone help? Do I need to use the desktop version?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @augusto_krappa , @juan.santanera, @Juliane, @s2439857 ,

Could you please let me know if the issue still persists? as I cannot replicate the issue. If so, I'm going to raise the technical support ticket for you so the technical support team can check on this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 2

Hi, it seems that the problem has been solved.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

I could fetch news data via rdp desktop workspace using python but from 2 days back this error prevails. Is there again any update ? I even tried creating a new api key in app key generator but nothing gets fixed, unfortunately.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @shreesharma ,

Could you please provide the error message you got for further investigation?

Moreover, the question with an accepted answer won't be monitored by the expert in the forum, so it's recommended to post the new question instead of commenting in the question with accepted answer.

Thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.