Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

[Eikon]Technical Issue with Obtaining .NIFTY500 Constituent Stocks and Prices using Chain RIC

I am using "0#.NIFTY500" to get the constituent stocks of ".NIFTY500" and their stock prices, but when I try to get "DSPLY_NAME" for example, "RF.SD.DSPLY_NAME" appears and becomes NA, is it a technical issue?

I can get other country indices (0#.TOPX, etc.), so I think it is issues for Indian listed stocks.

In my environment, I use "refinitiv.data.eikon" in Python and get data by ek.get_data("0#.NIFTY500",["DSPLY_NAME"]).

1.png

2.jpg

eikon-data-api#productchain-ric
1.png (114.5 KiB)
2.jpg (303.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
14k 30 5 10

Hi @yo.ito ,

Thank you for your patience, below is an answer from the support team

• Please note ICW for NSE India Indices has been discontinued and we are not maintaining index constituents and weighting data on NDA for NSE indices. We have content notification DN115788
  • Effective 28/Jun/2021, NSE Index constituents and weightings (ICW) details will be discontinued from EIKON & Datastream

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
14k 30 5 10

Hi @yo.ito,

I can reproduce the same issue, and this data can be retrieved successfully back in 2021 (as answered in This thread). Hence I raised the technical issue ticket in MyRefinitiv and the case number is 12575995. The support team is going to investigate and contact you soon regarding this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you for your confirmation.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.