For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Refinitiv RTO Module Authentication for Multiple IP Addresses

Hi,

I am currently using Refinitiv's Real-Time Optimized (RTO) module to stream price data of instruments.

I have a few technical questions about RTO that I would need help with. Please find them listed below --

1. Can the same RTO authentication credential be used across two different IP addresses to access and stream prices from the RTO module at the same time?
  2. If Q1 is true, what is the maximum number of active connections/subscriptions that RTO supports at any given time?
  3. If Q1 is false, then what is the expected behaviour if one or more IP addresses attempt to access RTO (using the same credential) when an existing connection at a different IP address is present?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Shankar

trep#technology#productrefinitiv-realtime-optimised
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@shankar.chandran

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @shankar.chandran

Thank you for reaching out to us. The answers to your questions are based on the version of the RDP authentication that is used by your account.

### Version 1 Authentication ###

If your credentials are Machine ID (GE-A-XXXXXXXX-X-XXXX), Password, and App Key (Client_ID), you are using the RDP Version 1 Authentication.

Question 1: Can the same RTO authentication credential be used across two different IP addresses to access and stream prices from the RTO module at the same time?

Answer: No, it is not advisable to use a single Machine ID with multiple applications/sessions.

Question 3: What is the expected behavior if one or more IP addresses attempt to access RTO using the same credential?

Answer: I cannot provide an exact error message for you, but the applications may encounter an authentication error when an access token expires or when the applications attempt to refresh an access token (the sessions try to steal the "active session" from each other).

If you are using the Version 1 Authentication, I highly recommend you reach out to your Refinitiv representative to get multiple Machine IDs if you want to run multiple applications/sessions.

### Version 2 Authentication ###

If your credentials are Client ID (GE-XXXXXXXXXXXX) and Client Secret, or JWT Public/Private Key, you are using the RDP Version 2 Authentication (aka CIAM).

Question 1: Can the same RTO authentication credential be used across two different IP addresses to access and stream prices from the RTO module at the same time?

Answer: Yes, the Version 2 Authentication supports multiple sessions with single Service ID (credential)

Question 2: what is the maximum number of active connections/subscriptions that RTO supports at any given time?

Answer: The maximum number is 5.

FYI: Changes to Customer Access and Identity Management: Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized article.

I hope this information helps you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.