question

Upvote
Accepted
18 0 0 3

Operating System Compatibility

Hello, I'm using C++ API to get real-time rate data from router's api. We have used RFA for several years and it's obviouly out of date.

1. Is RTSDK the latest real-time sdk for getting real-time data?

2. Is RFA 8.x officially not recommended now? Should I choose RTSDK rather than RFA8.x for getting real-time data?

3. When I read the "API Compatibility Matrix Version 2023.4, May, 2023" of RFA framework, I find that RFA 8.x or newer only support redhat5.x platform while all newer versions of redhat are not supported. It's quite against common sense that older RFA support these newer version of redhat. So I'm quite confused.

1686642354278.png

4. Last question is about supported operating systems of both RFA and RTSDK. Have the reuter's developer tested Chinese Operating System like KylinOS, openEuler, UOS? Can I use these Operating Systems to run the above frameworks?

RTSDK github:1686642306654.png

#technologyema-apirfa-apieta-apic++refinitiv-real-time
1686642306654.png (40.2 KiB)
1686642354278.png (70.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Khan

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@Khan

Thank you for reaching out to us.

1. Yes, RTSDKs are the current strategic SDKs to retrieve real-time financial data.

2. To develop new applications, we recommend using RTSDKs instead of RFA.

3. Please refer to the API Compatibility Matrix for the supported compilers and operating systems.

4. We haven't tested RTSDKs on Chinese operating systems. You can use RTSDKs on those operating systems but we will not support RTSDKs on those operating systems. If you find issues while using RTSDKs, we will replicate the issues on the supported compilers and operating systems.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your answer~~~ It solves my quesiton.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.