question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 3

Dacs station api returning null value

Hi

I just tried to follow the documentation provided for Dacs station API.https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/refinitiv-real-time/dacs-station-api

This is how my code looks 1686844965660.png

can you help what is missing from the code.

I get the response back but there is no value inside. It is only null.

What might be the potential problem causing this

#technology#productDACS
1686844965660.png (70.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @bishow.gurung ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@bishow.gurung

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I ran the DACS Station API Quickstart example and it works fine.

You need to set a username and password. It is the same username and password for DACS Web UI.

1687165498254.png

I hope that this information is of help.

1687165498254.png (95.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 3

Hi @Jirapongse

Thank you for your help.

do we need to set application name and id.

We just enabled web services so do we have to enable any additional security configuration for method call, can you help us how to enable that and how can we use the web services from different server.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@bishow.gurung

I just changed the username and password and then ran it.

I checked the API and found that you need to set the DACS Admin username and password in the request message. I am not sure if we can add any security configurations in the call. Please contact the DACS support team directly via MyRefinitiv to verify it.

To call the web services from different servers, you can change the URL. The code looks like this:

URL new_url = null;
            try {
                new_url = new URL("http://127.0.0.1:8081/DacsWS/DacsWebServiceService?wsdl");
            } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
                // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                e.printStackTrace();
            }
            com.reuters.rfa.dacswebservice.DacsWebServiceService service = new com.reuters.rfa.dacswebservice.DacsWebServiceService(new_url);

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.