question

Upvotes
Accepted
29 1 4 12

python sample code for rdp api fetching news analytics

Hi team, where can i find sample python code to fetch news analytics from RDP using rdp api? I'm also confused about the python library since we have refinitiv.dataplatform, refinitiv.data and refinitiv.data-platform, which is the correct one for rdp api? And do we have detailed tutorial regarding the fileds for all commands? Thank you.

#technologyrdp-apimrnnews-text-analytics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Julian.Bai

There is the /data/news/v1/analyze endpoint in the RDP APIs. Is it what the client wants?

You can find more detail on the RDP API Playground (/data/news/v1/analyze operation) reference and the RDP APIs News User Guide pages.

rdp-news-analysis.png

The recommend ease-of-use API for RDP is the Refinitiv Data Library for Python. There is no news analyze interface, but the client can use the Endpoint interface examples as a reference.

The client can find more detail about the RD Library for Python on the following resources:

Note: Please note that if the client needs "MRN News Analytics", the MRN (Machine Readable News) is available on Refinitiv Real-Time only. The recommended one is the EMA Java API;

rdp-news-analysis.png (164.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Wasin, let me check and may reply you later. Thank you!
Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Julian.Bai

Thank you for reaching out to us. Firstly, please let me clarify the RDP APIs questions as follow:

• The Refinitiv Data Platform APIs (RDP APIs) are the core web-based APIs that provide Refinitiv content via the Request-Response (RESTful web service), Alert, Bulk, and Streaming delivery methods
  • The Refinitiv Data Libraries (RD Library)are ease-of-use libraries that simplified RDP APIs via high-level API interfaces. It is the strategic library and is available for Python (Production ready), TypeScript (beta phase), and .Net (beta phase)languages
  • The refinitiv.data-platform library is the non-strategic RDP ease-of-use library. It has been replaced by RD Library above

The recommended APIs are the core RDP APIs or RD Library based on your preference whether you need a manual HTTP operation/management or the ease-of-use API.

About the MRN News Analytics, I cannot find the related News Analytics endpoints on the https://apidocs.refinitiv.com/Apps/ApiDocs (RDP APIs document) page.

rdp-news.png

There is the Exploring News Metadata - with Refinitiv Data Platform and Python article about getting RDP News's metadata, I am not sure it is the thing you want.

The News Analytics is available on the Refinitiv Real-Time platform. There is the Refinitiv Real-Time WebSocket API Python example/article on How to get MRN News Analytics Data via WebSocket API page.

I hope this information helps.

rdp-news.png (58.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Wasin, thanks for the info. My client is just single user so which one is more easier and requires less dev work? Thank you.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.