Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Best method to import all available tickers for certain dates?

I want to import all available tickers, for example all stocks that trade in EUR, for a given date in the past. to avoid survivorship bias, I would do this for example every quarter. I am using python. In addition, which API would be best for this analysis (I intend to also download financials for the available tickers in each period)?

Thanks.

eikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technology#product#contentpython apiscreening
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Jonas.Nijssen

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @Jonas.Nijssen ,

I would suggest having a look at Screener and Search services; have you used them before for this use-case?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I guess the screener could work. However this would require a new screen every period. Is this the best method available? Thanks

Hi @Jonas.Nijssen, the idea behind the programatic sreener is that you can build code to change depending of the situation. Using Excel is only really the 1st step to understand the nomenclature and grammar of Screener in Python. You can then study it to see how you can programaatically change the screener automatically so you don't have to be in front of your machine every period.

If you want this to be done automatically, you may want to look into Windows Task Scheduler to run your code automatically.

Hi @jonathan.legrand ,

Could you please check the follow-up question by the user?

Thanks,
AHS

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.