question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 1 3 12

EMA price feed update rate governing factors - How should my application handle it

Hi,

I am using Realtime SDK C++ EMA API in my application and I am subscribing to 1000 RICs max. Number of price fields per RIC is 7. In which rate should i expect to receive price updates. Is there a certain way EMA lib expects my application to handle excessive rates ? e.g. using pause while doing heavy work within the application ?

ema-apic++
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.4k 253 52 74

@thilinaillangasinghe

Thank you for reaching out to us.

It depends on the data feed to which you are connecting.

For example, RTO (Refinitiv Real-Time Optimized) is an all-trade, and quote-conflated solution which provides 3 updates per second (330ms conflation) and trade-safe. You can contact the Refinitiv account team or sales team to confirm this value.

To limit the number of fields in messages, you can use the dynamic view feature to subscribe to fields in which you are interested. It can reduce the message sizes and network bandwidth. Please refer to the 360_MP_View example in the package.

You can also use the Pause and Resume feature to pause and resume streams. Please refer to the 350_MP_PauseAll example in the package.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.