Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 5

Data Items behind Shareholder History Screen

Hi Community,

I have a question: How can I find the Data Items behind the "Shareholder Report" in its specific configuration as it is displayed in Eikon? By "Data Items" i mean the very specific TR.CODES and the parameter implemented to retrieve the displayed results as can be seen in the attached Screenshot:

My ultimate goal is to get the same output via python and the API.

screenshot-2023-08-09-175252.png

Kind regards

eikon-data-api#technologyapi#contentpython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @s2782245

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @s2782245 ,

Hovering your cursor on the column, such as the % Outstanding one, the [?] button will be shown up. If you click on this, the field definition and the Excel function used to retrieve this data will be shown on the pop-up

1691644070209.png

from this Excel function

Excel Function: =TR("SIEGn.DE@RIC","TR.PctOfSharesOutHeld")

It can be converted to this Python code

df, err = ek.get_data(['SIEGn.DE@RIC'], [ 'TR.PctOfSharesOutHeld'])
df

and with other columns field name

df, err = ek.get_data(['SIEGn.DE@RIC'],
                      [ 'TR.FirmInvestorId', 
                       'TR.PctOfSharesOutHeld',
                       'TR.SharesHeld',
                       'TR.SharesHeldChange',
                       'TR.SharesHeldValue',
                       'TR.HoldingsDate',
                       'TR.FilingType',
                       'TR.InvParentType',
                       'TR.InvestorType',
                       'TR.TotalEquityAssets',
                       'TR.InvInvestmentStyleCode',
                       'TR.OwnTrnverRating', # 0 = N/A, 1 = Low, 2 = Medium, 3 = High
                       'TR.InvestorAddrCity',
                       'TR.InvAddrCountry',
                       # 'TR.ConsHoldPctPortfolio'
                      ])
df

Here's the result

1691644594854.png

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions

1691644070209.png (160.3 KiB)
1691644594854.png (123.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 5

Hi @raksina.samasiri,

thank you very much for your reply. I would say that is the first step in the right direction. However, I would like to "replicate" the very same answer as I get on the desktop application. On the desktop application I can retrieve the information for the last eight quarters with one simple click. Is there a possibility to pass "the last eight quarters" as an argument within the code in python? So that I can obtain with one request the same output as displayed in the desktop application?

Kind regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @s2782245 ,
The moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Refinitiv products. Such expertise is available through Refinitiv Helpdesk. If the Helpdesk can show you how to retrieve it using =@TR formula in Eikon Excel, then the moderators on this forum can help you translate it into get_data method in Eikon Data API call. Refinitiv Helpdesk can be reached via MyRefinitiv. To be of help, I have opened a support case on your behalf, case 12820708, please expect an Eikon support expert to reach out to you shortly, via the email address you registered on the developers portal.

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.