Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 3 8

Analyst Estimates.

Hi, I want to fetch the data for analyst estimates. I'm using the below code to get the data and but the response we're getting is not what we want . I have attached the screenshot of the code with response we're getting with the response we want in screeshot below with some values in yellow colour. We need to resolve this issue on urgent basis. Please help me out. the code I'm using is .

df, err = ek.get_data( instruments = ['AAPL.O'], fields = ['TR.RevenueMean.periodenddate','TR.RevenueMean.calcdate','TR.RevenueMean.date','TR.EPSMean','TR.NetProfitMean','TR.RevenueMean'] ,parameters={'SDate':'2010-01-01','EDate':'2023-10-10','Frq':'FQ'} )

display(df)

I'm using the refinitiv eikon library not RDP.Analyst_estimates_data_we_want.pdf

screenshot-2023-10-10-222500.png

and the type of data we want like this. We're using the Refinitiv eikon as ek library not RDP. Please help me for thatscreenshot-2023-10-10-223859.png

#technologyrdp-api#contentdeveloper-communityhelpdesk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@vishnu01

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@vishnu01

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @vishnu01 ,

I've tried editing the code around to get the content you're looking for but cannot get the resolution as well. As mentioned earlier, this forum is dedicated to an API usage question hence, the moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Refinitiv products like what's available on MyRefinitiv. To be of help, ticket number 13073011 was raised on your behalf and the support team is going to contact you directly to assist with this. If the Helpdesk can show you how to retrieve it using =@TR formula in Eikon Excel, then the moderators on this forum can help you translate it into get_data method in Eikon Data API call

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @vishnu01 ,

May I ask that you try and find what you are after using the CODECR app in EIkon / Workspace? As per this app, there are a lot of different parameters that apply to this Revemue Mean field. You can try their permutations and see if the result is what you're after?

1697195928834.png

1697195928834.png (183.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi, can you please provide me the exact API with eikon (ek.get_data) to get that above result as I shown in above screenshot with yellow color.
I alredy tried all possible combination changing all parameters.
Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @vishnu01 ,

Thank you for posting the question in this forum. However, this forum is dedicated to an API usage question hence, the moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Refinitiv products. Such expertise is available through Refinitiv Helpdesk, which can be reached via MyRefinitiv. To be of help, ticket number 12993820 was raised on your behalf and the support team is going to contact you directly to assist with this. If the Helpdesk can show you how to retrieve it using =@TR formula in Eikon Excel, then the moderators on this forum can help you translate it into get_data method in Eikon Data API call

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi, Thank you for the response. I need your assistance here I'm using this code

df,err = ek.get_data(

instruments = ['MMM'],

fields = ['TR.EPSMean.periodenddate','TR.EPSMean.date','TR.EPSMean','TR.RevenueMean', 'TR.NetProfitMean'],

parameters={'SDate':'2018-01-01','EDate':'2023-12-01','Period':'FQ0','Frq':'FQ'}

)

df

To get the quarterly estimates of the the RIC and output is as follows in image . But I want the output as like suppose the period end date is 2017-12-31 and earnings release date is 2018-01-22 so I want the Revision of analyst estimates for this quarter from the period end date to date before earnings release. How can I get it. If I removed the Period and Frq from the parameters then we're getting the revision but are on annual basis but we need them on quarterly basis. Please assist me for that. I'm using eikon library to fetch the data.screenshot-2023-10-20-190216.png

@raksina.samasiri

Could you please help the client with the follow-up question?

Upvotes
3 0 3 8

Hi,

I'm able to get the quarterly estimates with the below code but when I'm trying to get the semi-annual estimates for the companies like (Ric's :- 888.L and DNLM.L ) but not getting the correct data. Here is the code that I'm using for quarterly,

df,err = ek.get_data(

instruments = ['MSFT.O'],

fields = ['TR.EPSMean.periodenddate','TR.EPSMean','TR.EPSMean.date','TR.RevenueMean', 'TR.NetProfitMean'],

parameters={'SDate':'2022-01-01','EDate':'2023-10-23','Period':'FQ1'}

)

df

for semi-annual basis I changed the Period = FS0, FS1,ES0,ES1,ES2 and also change the frequency Frq to FS then also not getting them. Please assist me with that.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 3 8

I'm getting the correct data for quarterly estimates.

df,err = ek.get_data(
instruments = ['MSFT.O'],
fields = ['TR.EPSMean.periodenddate','TR.EPSMean','TR.EPSMean.date','TR.RevenueMean', 'TR.NetProfitMean'],
parameters={'SDate':'2023-01-01','EDate':'2023-10-23','Period':'FQ1'}
)
df

But for UK companies which are giving earnings on a semiannual basis I'm facing the issue. I Tried changing the period to FS0,FS1,ES0,ES1 as a period parameter and also changed the frequency parameter to FS.

But not getting the relevant data. How can I do that? Please assist with this

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.