question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

API Eikon RICs Information with Minute Frequency back to 2022 and 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve historical information of a specific RIC back to 2022 (also 2021 I need) with a "minute" frequency via the Eikon API but there seems to be no data available (I'm using Python). Could anyone help to understand if there are any workarounds or any other function or way to recover the date. Below is the code and the related error. Thanks in advance.

#code

import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key('MY API KEY')

df = ek.get_timeseries(['GOOGL.O'],

fields = ['CLOSE','VOLUME','OPEN','LOW'],

start_date='2022-10-14', end_date='2022-11-14',

interval='minute')

print(df)

#error --> RDPError: Error code Error | GOOGL.O: No data available for the requested date range |

eikonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api#productapi#contenthistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Leonardo.Buffoni

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@Leonardo.Buffoni

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I think that the Intraday time series database only stores up to 1 year of history.

import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek
ek.set_app_key('<App key>')

df = ek.get_timeseries(['GOOGL.O'],
   fields = ['CLOSE','VOLUME','OPEN','LOW'],
   start_date='2022-11-10', end_date='2022-11-16',
   interval='minute')

print(df)

1700123029437.png

1700123029437.png (21.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.