question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

API Limit on Workspace RDP

Hi Team,

Good morning.

I would just like to confirm if we have a limit on the API download with Workspace? Would this be the same download limit as Eikon if a client would do a migration?

Another question would be if there are future/developments being done for our API. Since my client would do the migration, they need to make sure that all current, future scripts they have would still run on future environments/enhancements that we will do.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Lyza

eikoneikon-data-apiworkspacerdp-api#product
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @lyzacamille.paraggua ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thank you,

AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thank you,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @lyzacamille.paraggua
Please note that the Eikon Data API (EDAPI) data limits and the 'Refinitiv Data Library for Python' data limits are the same as of today.
You can find information on such data limits on this post:

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/95344/refinitiv-data-library-for-python-desktop-session.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @jonathan.legrand,

Thank you very much! By any chance, do you have an idea if we have any API developments/enhancements being done for our API? I mean, do we see in the foreseeable future that our method (example: rdp.get_history) would be changed too?

My apologies as I only know a little about API and still currently learning. My client would just like to make sure that their API scripts would run after making the changes from Eikon to Workspace and moving forward in case.

Thank you so much.

Hi @lyzacamille.paraggua, That's a great question. To best answer your question, I would have to read your code, if you don't mind sharing it; the reason being that the RD Lib. for Python use to be called the RDP Lib. for Python, making it easy to confuse the RDP Platform (that packages many API Families).

With that said, if you are using the RD Lib. for Python (`pip install refinitiv-data`, then this is the latest version and there is no plan to change the `rd.get_history` function or the data it returns in the foreseable future (other than adding new datasets, of course)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.