question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Refinitiv Data Library for Python desktop session limitation

Hello,

I'm using the refinitiv data library for python and I need to know the limitation on historical data retrival,

There is the limit of eikon api?

I'm logging in with the desktop session.

Thanks.

refinitiv-data-platform-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @ufficio

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @ufficio

Thanks for the clarification - you asked about Eikon API limits in your 1st post.

If you are connecting using a desktop session to Eikon or Workspace via RD Library - the same limit as Eikon API applies - as the RD Library is mimicking the Eikon API and still sourcing its data from Eikon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @ufficio

The Eikon Data API limits can be found on the Eikon Data API Documentation page

Documentation | Refinitiv Developers

There are various limits such Requests per second, Response volumes and Datapoints e.g.:

• get_timeseries: The current limit value (10-Oct-2019) is 3,000 data points (rows) for interday intervals and 50,000 data points for intraday intervals. This limit applies to the whole request, whatever the number of the requested instruments.

and so on...

icon clock
10 |1500

I'm not using the eikon api, i'm using the refinitiv data library for python

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.