Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
77 5 12 17

Eikon data api: get_news_headlines: top news only

On Eikon API:

ek.get_news_headlines("( R:AAPL.O OR R:GOOG.O OR --- many more rics in between ---- OR R:IBM ) and Language:LEN AND ( Source:RTRS OR Source:FT )", count = 100)

I noticed that I receive a lot of news items that are not so important.

I noticed that in the output I receive many headlines that are not so relevant are if isAlert equals False.

Is there a possibility to add the isAlert=True to the search query so that only important headlines are returned by:

ek.get_news_headlines?

thanks a lot!

eikon-data-api#technologynews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @laurens ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@laurens

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can add the 'NOT AA AND...' in the query to recieve news headlines which are not alerts.

You can use the news monitor to create a query. Then, the created query can be used in the get_news_headlines method.

1703131505804.png

1703131505804.png (19.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Many thanks for this answer.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.