Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Is it possible to get company's PermID using symbology API Playground, from only passing its name and incorporation country as input parameter?

I have used record matching functionality where an excel of max 1000 records can be passed to get permid, but is there any other alternative using API playground to achieve it ?

#productsymbologyapi-playground
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @arun.mani ,

Could you please let me know which API are you using? Is it RDP API (Its API Playground) or Python Library (Eikon Data API or RD Library)

Thanks,
AHS

Hello @raksina.samasiri , Thanks for responding!

I am currently using RDP API

@arun.mani

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @arun.mani

Yes, it is possible to get a company'd PermID based on your input requirements. You can use the Search API. For example:

1704812043259.png

In the above, I'm search for an exact name of the company and the country of incorporation.

1704812043259.png (30.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @nick.zincone for the response!

Actually, I don't know about this search functionality! Would be really helpful if you can provide the documentation of this API !
Thanks in advance !

Upvotes
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @arun.mani

I would suggest you refer to the article: Building Search into your Application Workflow. The article provides an overview of the Search service and examples. In addition, will point to other useful resources including documentation outlined within the API Playground.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.