Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Mass downloading company filings

Dear community,

I want to create a dataset with the following variables: Company identifier | Year | Annual report text (in English) | ESG score.

I have a dataset of over 20000 companies with ESG scores over time.

For all these observations I would like to have an annual report (if available) so the total data frame would be ~ 31229 rows.

I either want to import the annual report text directly or download the PDF's and extract the text myself.

It would be most efficient if I could only download the annual reports/text of the companies from which I already have the ESG scores. Otherwise, I have to mass download annual reports and match them with the relevant companies later on, which is also ok (but less efficient). I have a couple of company identities available in the ESG dataset: ISIN, Ticker, Refinitiv Ticker, Name, SEDOL.

Year #Companies with ESG score
2019 8287

2020 9729

2021 9919

2022 1977

2023 1317

I'm open to any solution as long as I get a large dataset with the following two variables: Annual report text | Company ESG score. Additional variables such as year, Ticker and industry would be a plus

#product#contentpython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
80k 257 52 75

@ADB

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Did you check the answer on the previous discussion?

It provides links to the APIs, documents, and tools that can be used to retrieve those data.

However, if the above solution doesn't fit your requirement, you may need to contact the LSEG account team or sales team directly to discuss the solution that can meet your requirement.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.