Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Retreiving annual report text

I'm very new to refinitiv/eikon. I want to use it to retreive the text in the annual reports of all sp500 and Eurostoxx companies my thesis. I'm using Python but open to a other language if that solves the problem.

I've already come across several posts which tap into this problem to a certain extend but I've not been able to get it working. https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/100586/retrieving-annual-reports-using-eikon-api.html

In the end i would like to have a dataframe in the following format:
Name | Ticker | Annual report text | Additional variables such as geography, ESG score and stock exchange are welcome as well

Your help is very much appreciated!

#product#contentpython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
80k 257 52 75

@a.j.debueger

Thank you for reaching out to us.

According to that discussion, the results of the search query contains file names and file types.

1706860548140.png

Therefore, you need to download those files to get the content.

You can use the Refinitiv Data Library for Python to get the filing data. Please run the following help command to see how to use this function.

help(filings.search.Definition)

You can also refer to the following resources.

To get other values (geography, ESG score and stock exchange), you need to use the get_data method in the Refinitiv Data Library for Python. The examples are available on GitHub.

To list all available fields and parameters that can be used in the get_data method, you can use the Data Item Browser tool.

1706860548140.png (77.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.