Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

I use R to Access Eikon API, but report error, anyone can help?

Hi,

I am using Eikon API in R. Below are my code (I tried two methods):

> eikonapir::set_proxy_port(9000L)

> eikonapir::set_app_id('<App Key>')

> get_symbology(list("MSFT.O", "GOOG.O", "IBM.N"),"RIC",list("ISIN"),raw_ouput = FALSE,debug=FALSE)

Error in print.default("HTTP Error, code= ", response$status_code, sep = "") :

invalid printing digits 403

and

> RD <- RDConnect('<App Key>', PythonModule = "JSON")

> 
 > test <- RDPsearch(RD, query =  "AAPL.O", select = "ContractType,RIC")
 http://localhost:9000/api/rdp/discovery/search/v1/
 AAPL.OSearchAllContractType,RIC
 Error in `httr2::req_perform()`:
 ! HTTP 403 Forbidden.
 Run `rlang::last_trace()` to see where the error occurred.
eikoneikon-data-apiworkspace#technologyapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

The client app key is d8a68b624085419686f91aa8508256ff4811e4b0

Hello @Chaoran.Di

Please do not share your App-Key in the public post.

I have removed your App-Key from the question.

Hi @Chaoran.Di ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi @Chaoran.Di ,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thank you,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@Chaoran.Di Hi Thanks for your question and sorry to hear about your issue. That library is not being actively managed - can I suggest you use the more modern open source but actively managed R library called Refinitiv R - you can download it on github from here. Its very well documented. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks so much! May I ask if we have any people to support R and to contact pls?
Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Chaoran.Di

I am not the Eikon API R expert, but the "HTTP 403 Forbidden" error indicates that you are encountering a permission issue with your request.

I strongly suggest you contact your LSEG repetitive to verify your Workspace account permission.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks, my client's Eikon is Eikon with DFO, I'm sure she can access Eikon API with this version, is there any possibility that not the permission but because they use R to access the data? Thanks in advance.
Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Chaoran.Di

Please be informed that the R libraries like Eikon API R and Refinitiv R are not LSEG/Refinitiv products. They are community products that are not supported by Refinitiv/LSEG.

The client can submit the Eikon API R issue to the developer directly via the GitHub - Issue page.

The Official LSEG libraries to access Workspace/Eikon and RDP content set are as follows:

Can the client replicate the issue with the Data Library for Python or Eikon Data API?

I strongly suggest the client try the code on the CodeBook app in the Workspace/Eikon desktop application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.