question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

Can TREP/RFA Java API support 4 part name when requested data from ADS?

We are using RTIC. It is going to be replaced by using ADS. Currently, we using 4 part name to request data from RTIC. For example, ELEKTRON_DD.ANY.0005.HK, ELEKTRON_DD.ANY.JPY=.NaE

Currently, we are using rfaj7.6.0.E6.all.

1. Can TREP/RFA Java API support 4 part name when requested data from ADS?

2. Or any API can support such functionality?

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @rleung,

MarketData interfaces provides a method name setSubject(java.lang.String subject) to set the 4-part subject name in a data request. Hence, you can use the method to set subject name to request data from ADS. MarketData interfaces support both RTIC and ADS. Therefore, your source code requesting data from RTIC using 4-part subject name should be able to request data from ADS as well.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Then my answer is wrong. I wasn't aware that you could request something from ADS using the 4-part name paradigm.

Hello @rleung,

To use MarketData interfaces on ADS, ADS has to provide SSL connection(default port is 8101).

-if you use Thomson Reuters ADS, please confirm with Account team that ADS provides SSL connection.

-If you use local ADS, please contact ADS admin if he enable SSL connection on ADS.

rleung avatar image rleung pimchaya.wongrukun01

Hi Pimchaya.Wongrukun, Thanks for your information. It is very helpful

Upvotes
1.5k 5 6 7

I'm curious if this is just a question of convenience?, meaning the way you specify the data item name.

The reason for my question is that the backend infrastructure which used the 4-part nomenclature is long gone, AFAIK. It was used on distribution servers that was build using technology that Reuters had acquired from Tibco but has been phased out. The backend architecture was called an RTIC (end of life around mid 2015) and unless you still have one of these around (do you?) then there's nothing that supports a 4-part name in your infra.

The ADS uses the "service name + data item name" nomenclature. (or more precisely a unique subscription consists of "service name + data item name + model name" but model is almost always MARKET_PRICE). For feeds from TR the data item name is always expressed in the RIC convention. For other feeds on your TREP the data item name may follow their own convention.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.