question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 1 1 3

Retrieve bond data from rd.discovery.search()

Hi! I am trying to download bond data by Refinitiv data API. Learnt from this post retrieve bond ISIN issued by a list of firm RICs - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community, I write the code, which works well in the chat window in Notebook. However, I do not know how to export the results to excel. How I need to modify my code on this? Many thanks!

import pandas as pd
import refinitiv.data as rd

rd.open_session()

rd.discovery.search(
    view = rd.discovery.Views.GOV_CORP_INSTRUMENTS,
filter = "(DbType eq 'CORP' and RCSAssetCategory eq 'A:J' and DebtType ne 'SYKHYB' and DebtType ne 'SUK*' and IsConvertible eq false and ((IssuerOrgid eq '27965') and IsGreenBond eq false and (IssueDate ge 2013-01-01 and IssueDate le 2013-12-31)))",
select = "FirstAnnouncementDate,CouponRate,MaturityDate,IssueDate,ISIN,FaceIssuedUSD,RCSConvertibleLeaf,IsGreenBond,IssuerOrgid"
)
pythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technologyapibonds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
23.7k 61 15 21

Hi @jiayin.meng.20,

Once you have the results of the search in the Pandas dataframe, you can use the to_csv() method of dataframe to export this data into a CSV file. This file can be opened with Excel.

You can also use other modules like Excelwriter or openpyxl to manipulate and directly write excel workbook.

pd = rd.discovery.search(    view = rd.discovery.Views.GOV_CORP_INSTRUMENTS,
filter = "(DbType eq 'CORP' and RCSAssetCategory eq 'A:J' and DebtType ne 'SYKHYB' and DebtType ne 'SUK*' and IsConvertible eq false and ((IssuerOrgid eq '27965') and IsGreenBond eq false and (IssueDate ge 2013-01-01 and IssueDate le 2013-12-31)))",
select = "FirstAnnouncementDate,CouponRate,MaturityDate,IssueDate,ISIN,FaceIssuedUSD,RCSConvertibleLeaf,IsGreenBond,IssuerOrgid"
)

pd.to_csv('ExportedData.csv')

PS: You must have write permission in the directory where you are trying to export this into.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.