question

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

how to interpret the OmmTime.Hour's "Gets Hour. Range is 0 - 23 where 255 indicates blank." comment (C#)

I am using C#, I am wondering how I should interpret the OmmTime.Hour's "Gets Hour. Range is 0 - 23 where 255 indicates blank." comment. Other fields of OmmTime, such as the Minute and Second fields, have similar description. Does it mean the entire OmmTime structure should be considered invalid?

screenshot-2024-05-07-15-22-59.png

Also, from another question I posted on the Refinitiv's forum: https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/116730/how-to-handle-omminvalidusageexception-attempt-to.html

There is another generic way to check whether or not a field is empty. How should I understand the existence of these two seemingly identical features?

#technologyema-apic#
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
80.1k 257 52 75

@vnaik01

Thank you for reaching out to us

In EMA C#, you can check if the data is blank by using the following code.

private static void Decode(FieldList fieldList)
    {
        foreach (FieldEntry fieldEntry in fieldList)
        {
            Console.Write("Fid: " + fieldEntry.FieldId + " Name = " + fieldEntry.Name + " DataType: " + DataType.AsString(fieldEntry.Load!.DataType) + " Value: ");

if (Data.DataCode.BLANK == fieldEntry.Code)

You can refer to the 290_Custom_Decode example in the RTSDK C# package.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.