Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

EikonError: Error code 408 | HTTP TimeoutException:

Query: Hi I am trying to fetch the price data for 500 companies, monthly form 2010-latest using the python package eikon and Eikon API.

But everytime its getting stuck and I am getting a time out error EikonError: Error code 408 | HTTP TimeoutException: .. Tried restarting my system and all my apllications but still it is not allowing me to download.

Please could you look at this on priority. This is really frustating as it has interrupted my work and that too I am not downloading a very huge data I think. Sharing the error with you. And I would like to know how this can be prevented from appearing in future.

this query is related to fetching data from Eikon API using Python.

I can confirm that I was able to download data till morning and a frequent user of the API. For some reason I am being constantly blocked by Eikon for the past few hours.

Need to connect with a person and sort this out as this issue arises very frequently

Capture (8).png

eikon-data-apipython#technology
capture-8.png (42.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
5.6k 18 2 7

Hi @shivananda.panegaon ,

You may consider increasing Eikon timeout:

ek.set_timeout(100)

Additionally, as suggested in this thread (Recommended code pattern for handling Eikon get_data timeout - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community), you can split the universe into smaller chunks and introduce a while loop to handle Timeout extensions. In the meantime I will check with the product team to check if there are issues on the API side.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.