Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 0 1 3

"Unable to collect data for the field 'TR.OPENPRICE' and some specific identifier(s)."

Hi

I am using the standard get_data function to download some data. I am getting the below error.

"Unable to collect data for the field 'TR.OPENPRICE' and some specific identifier(s).",

I am having the same issue with other india tickers like TCS.NS but not for UK tickers like LLOY.L

What is the issue?

I have code to download data in batch so this kind of error is concerning. How can I ensure if there is an error I can automatically flag it? Is err = None the best way to check for errors?

Thanks

1669149760098.png

eikon-data-apipython#technology#contentrefinitiv-data-platform
1669149760098.png (69.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @vbala

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@vbala

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @vbala

When trying to figure out which data elements to use in your request, I would suggest you start with the DIB (Data Item Browser) within the desktop. Doing so, you can see the recommended fields for open and close.

For example, when using the Eikon Data API:

ahs.png

Alternatively, you can start using the Refinitiv Data Library for Python:

ahs.png

ahs.png (12.5 KiB)
ahs.png (13.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I did use the DIB and found the fields. How do you choose between TR.OPENPRICE and TR.PriceOpen?

I used the former because it allows me to get adjusted prices, whereas the later does not have that in its parameters.

In addition, when I downloaded they data this morning, the same fields were working just fine.

Thanks

1669157147654.png

This is strange, it looks like now the issue is resolved! Not sure what is happening here ... was there a problem with the feed? Thanks

1669158707866.png

1669158707866.png (26.4 KiB)
Hi @vbala

I choose based on if the value is populated and what the description details. When I did try the other 2 fields: 'TR.OPENPRICE', 'TR.CLOSEPRICE', I received the results without issue - which appears you also did in the morning.

From an API perspective, you are invoking a valid request. It appears there may have been a temporary issue with the service. If you continue to see this, I would suggest you use the "Get Help & Support" within the desktop via the help menu or by pressing F1 - the desktop team can provide a much deeper analysis within the data service.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.