Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Cannot connect API

Error on checking port 9000 : HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=9000): Read timed out.Error on checking port 36036 : HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=36036): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v1/data (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x0000024F6DC9B610>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it'))Error on handshake port None : Failed to parse: http://localhost:None/api/handshakePort number was not identified.Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.

pythonworkspace#technologyapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.9k 85 39 63

Hi @nan-nan.zhang

I would suggest you review the following troubleshooting guide:

Eikon Data API(Python) Troubleshooting | Refinitiv | Devportal (lseg.com)

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thank Nick, i posted the question after i reviewed the guide. It seems there is sth wrong with the proxy, but i don't know how to fix it.

Hello @nan-nan.zhang

The API proxy is part of the Workspace/Eikon desktop application. I strongly suggest you contact the Workspace support team directly to help you with this issue. You can contact them directly via the https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/helpandsupport.html website.
workspace.png

workspace.png (13.7 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.