question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 0 0 2

HTTP 902 on python api Refinitiv

I'm using the default python Refinitiv setup to get data.

All works well, until just now. Receiving HTTP 902 errors. What is this error and how can I solve this.

Just to be clear. I've downloaded the last few days multiple correct datasets. I can share a code example:

import refinitiv.data as rd
from refinitiv.data.content import fundamental_and_reference

rd.open_session()

response = fundamental_and_reference.Definition(universe=['example']).get_data()

As I wrote, I've downloaded multiple data this last week, but suddenly I receive this error. What is going on?

python#technologyrefinitiv-data-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
26.4k 62 17 14

Hello @r.fernandez

Unfortunately, I cannot find any official information about the HTTP error 902 on the Data library.

However, I checked the Eikon/Workspace support ticket system. I found that there was an issue on the Eikon/Workspace platform service on 25-26 May which causes some clients got error 902 access denied message.

Is it the same error message that you encountered? If so, the problem should be resolved now.

If the error message is not same, the next time you encounter the issue please share the following information:

• Full error log message
  • The version of the Data library you are using
  • Which session that you are using? (Desktop or RDP)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
26.4k 62 17 14

Hello @r.fernandez

I did a quick test with the Data Library for Python version 1.6.1 for both Platform and Desktop sessions. It works fine on my end without any issues.

platform-session.png

desktop-session.png

Does the issue still persist in your environment? If so, please share the full HTTP error message with the following information:

• The version of the Data library you are using (you can check with print(rd.__version__) statement.
  • Which session that you are using?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @wasin.w

After 1 day waiting the error was gone. However, this was not my question to recreate the error. As such, let me reframe the question:

Do you have any documentation describing why the server return 902 and what the cause is?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.