Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 1 0 1

What does signon_control parameter in Refinitiv

I am using the refinitiv data library for python to connect to the Refinitiv Data Platform API. I would like to check what the signon_control parameter does as I am getting this warning?

You open a platform session using the default value of the signon_control parameter (signon_control=True). In future library version v2.0, this default will be changed to False. If you want to keep the same behavior as today, you will need to set the signon_control parameter to True either in the library configuration file ({'sessions':{'platform':{'your_session_name':{'signon_control':true}}}}) or in your code where you create the Platform Session. These alternative options are already supported in the current version of the library.

Thanks!

python#technologyrdp-apirefinitiv-data-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
27k 65 17 14

Hello @feldman.lee

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Data Library's "signon_control" is use for setting the RDP Authentication Service "takeExclusiveSignOnControl" parameter. If you set it to true, it overrides any previous session you logged on i.e. force sign-out this ID from other applications and sign-in here.

This setting make your account single sign-on with the library, but reduce a change to encounter "Session quota is reached." issue.

I hope this information helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.