question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

RFAj Toubleshout/unable to complete connection to Trep

I have a java client side program that connects to a Rmds Server using RFAj api. When I run the program, and I look on the Trep server, I see a good, stable socket connection (Netstat), and looking at ADSMON, we see the Context getting initialized, a Session being acquired and the Client being registered.

However, our client side program never receives a "MarketDataSvcStatus.UP" event. We have also observed that the client program does not create a log file, despite being specified in the configuration listed below.

The RFA version is 7.6.

Can you help me?

<property name="CONFIG_RFAJ_SERVICE_NAME" value="IDN_RDF"/> <property name="CONFIG_RFAJ_POSITION" value="1.1.1.1/net"/> <property name="CONFIG_RFAJ_APPLICATION" value="256"/> <property name="CONFIG_RFAJ_USER" value="aphelionsvcprd"/> <property name="*application" value="256"/> <property name="*connectionType" value="SSL"/> <property name="*userName" value="aphelionsvcprd"/> <property name="*serverList" value="170.135.202.43"/> <property name="*portNumber" value="8101"/> <property name="*downloadDataDict" value="True"/> <property name="*autoDictionaryDownload" value="True"/> <property name="*dataDictType" value="Marketfeed"/> <property name="*dacs_SbePubEnabled" value="False"/> <property name="*dacs_SbeSubEnabled" value="False"/> <property name="*dacs_NewsCbeEnabled" value="False"/> <property name="*dacs_CbeEnabled" value="False"/> <property name="*dacs_GenerateLocks" value="False"/> <property name="*useMarketfeedUpdateType" value="True"/> <property name="*logFileName" value="rfa.log"/> <property name="#dacsDaemon" value="@SSL_DACSSERVERANDPORT@"/> <property name="*mountTrace" value="True"/>

elektron-sdktreprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Hi @neil.berkowitz. Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

Hi @neil.berkowitz. Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @neil.berkowitz

This seems to be the application's configuration rather than RFA configuration. Normally, RFA Java configuration is like a tree which has path to a parameter. For example:

_configDB.addVariable("myNamespace.Connections.sslConnection.connectionType", "SSL" );

connectionType parameter which value is "SSL" is under myNamespace.Connections.sslConnection

I suspect that the application reads these properties then set them to RFA Java configuration parameters in ConfigDb object. If not, please explain.

To investigate MarketDataSvcStatus.UP problem, the application should set these parameters under SSL connection node:

• ipcTraceFlags = 7
  • mountTrace = true
  • logFileName

For example:

_configDB.addVariable("myNamespace.Connections.sslConnection.connectionType", "SSL" );

_configDB.addVariable("myNamespace.Connections.sslConnection.ipcTraceFlags","7");
_configDB.addVariable("myNamespace.Connections.sslConnection.logFileName", "rfa.log");
_configDB.addVariable("myNamespace.Connections.sslConnection.mountTrace", "true");

please make sure the application add the parameters to the correct node (under SSL connection node) with the correct parameters e.g. "mountTrace" not "*mountTrace", "logFileName" not "*logFileName"

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.