question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

Clarification on I/B/E/S dates in the Python Eikon API

Hello, I am using the Eikon API to retrieve data from the I/B/E/S database. I am looking at the field TR.ROEEstValue, instrument DBKGn.DE. From the Eikon GUI, I see that the following date attributes are available: "Date", "Activation Date" and "Stop Date". What are the corresponding the corresponding attributes in the API?

My guess would be that the "Announcement date" attribute in the Eikon GUI is identified under the name "date" (e.g. TR.ROEEstValue(Period=FY1).date) in the API and the "Activation Date" instead under the name "origdate" (e.g. TR.ROEEstValue(Period=FY1).origdate). Would you confirm this? What is the name attribute for "Stop Date" in the API (if it exists)?

Thanks a lot!

#contentpython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
87.1k 294 53 79

@lorenzo.ferrante

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can use the Data Item Browser tool to see the fields' descriptions and attributes.

1727679943065.png

However, to confirm the content, please contact the helpdesk team directly via MyAccount.

1727679943065.png (22.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.