question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

No proxy address identified from Python API

Hi I am unable to connect to Eikon APi from python since today morning. Please could you help me debug this. Sharing the error screenshot here.image (002).png

#technologypython apiproxy
image-002.png (314.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
87.1k 294 53 79

@Subhadri.Mallik

Please refer to the Eikon Data API and Refinitiv Data Library - Troubleshooting article.

Firse, we need to make sure that the API proxy is running properly. You can check it in the SxS log file. For example:

1728288090415.png

1728288090415.png (354.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7.2k 23 3 6

Hi @Subhadri.Mallik,

This usually happens when there has been an IT update. Usually, it is caused by a anti-virus update that prevents the Python Eikon Data API (EDAPI) Library from connecting to local ports. I'm guessing that you were able to connect to the LSEG services with the Python EDAPI Library prior to this morning; did you have an IT update recently or overnight?

You can find more information on this matter under:

Eikon API Python

Eikon python API Conflict on port 9000

If there was no such update, the 1st troubleshooting step is to restart the Eikon Desktop Application. Failing that, would you mind letting us know which version of the Eikon Desktop Application you are running, and which version of the Python EDAPI Libary you are using? It would be preferable too if you sent us (e.g.: as a coment to this answer) logs. You can see how you can Switching `Logs` On in this article.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Jonathan, thanks for replying. Not sure there was any major IT update in the recent times. The Desktop version I am using is 4.0.65 and the Python library I use is eikon and the version is 1.1.18

Could you advise if these are the latest versions, and if not, what is the method to update these to satisfy the requirements?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.