question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Refinitiv API - full ETFs holdings list and weight

Hi team,

I am trying to get the full holdings list for a series of etf using the refinitv API.

I have a code to do it for lists / indices, but the same doesn't work for etfs, for which I can only seem to get the top 10.

The first code below gives you the top 10 holding of the etf.

The second gives you the full list (for a specific date) for a constituent list.

Basically, I want the second code to work for etfs tickers, too.

Any help? Is that possible?

Many Thanks,

Giorgio

refin-screenshot.png

refinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technologyapipython apietf
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
87k 294 53 79

@giorgio.broggi

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can use the StartNum and EndNum parameter with the TR.FundHoldingname field.

1728288947240.png

You can use the Data Item Browser tool to list all available fields and parameters.

1728288947240.png (26.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

To retrieve the full holdings list for ETFs using the Refinitiv API, you may need to adjust the parameters in your request to target ETF tickers specifically. While the standard call for ETFs often defaults to showing only the top 10 holdings, you should check if there's an option or endpoint that allows for full holdings data, similar to what you have for constituent lists.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.