question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Any alternative to ek.get_timeseries and rd.get_history

Both ek.get_timeseries and rd.get_history don’t work. The former returns None and the latter returns dateframe with nan. Any suggestions on alternative solutions while it is being worked on.

eikon-data-apiworkspace#technologypython apilseg-data-library
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1.4k 3 2 4

Hi @hao.huang ,

If it doesn't work both, there might be something wrong with your Workspace account.

I strongly recommend you contact the Workspace support team via https://myaccount.lseg.com/en/helpandsupport website to investigate this issue using Eikon Data API(Python) Troubleshooting guide. Collect information (especially Python and API Proxy debug logs) and send it to the team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi @pf, could I ask if get_timeseries work on your machine? Eikon customer support told me it is an issue on their side and they are fixing it now.

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes, it's working with usual ric.

I'll need your code snippet to confirm if there is an issue with a specific ric.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Works for me now. Looks like customer support has fixed the issue this morning.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.