question

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

RDError: Error code -1 | The access to fields(s) denied.

Hi Team, I'm assisting User regarding an error in API. I'm suspecting this is permission issue but would need further explanation on seeing inconsistencies when using a 'desktop' session.

The client is accessing the refinitiv API through a platform session. When she try and pull data on managed funds and ETFs I receive a permission denied message. However, when using codebook to run the same codebook in Workspace, the client is able to pull the data with no issue.

The User have been trying to get code to work on:

tickers = ['LP65015435', 'VHY.AX', 'LP68028840', 'VOO']

When running that code in codebook it works perfectly.

Unfortunately, in Jupyter notebook it does not.

On API in jupyter notebook to pull stock data and it works, very strange as the User is running into a permission issue with ETFs and funds.

renditiondownload-1.png

#productapijupyter-notebookpermissioning
screenshot-1.png (243.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
27.7k 67 18 14

Hello @jenan.naz

Please be informed that the Codebook uses the Desktop Session (consume data from the Workspace platform) by default.

According to your "the client is accessing the Refinitiv/LSEG API through a platform session. ", it means the client's Jupyter notebook connects and consumes data from the RDP Platform, which has different permission sets from the Workspace platform.

The permission issue can be occurred if the client's RDP account does not have the same permission sets as the client's Workspace account.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.