question

Upvotes
Accepted
41 4 8 6

eikon functionality in LSEG API

Hi,

I'm quite comfortable with the Eikon API and I'm making an effort to embrace the newer LSEG API.

I know that with the RDP API it was possible to do:

from refinitiv.data import eikon as ek

However, I don't seem to be able to do that with lseg.data.

Is it possible to import eikon from lseg.data, and if so, how?

Additionally, can you direct me to a resource describing the main differences between lseg.data and refinitiv.data? They seem to be very similar, almost like a rename. For example, I don't see a forum for the LSEG API, just Refinitiv Data Platform.

Many thanks

eikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#productapiworkspace-upgrade
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
15.5k 33 5 10

Hi @noel.randewich01 ,

The statement regarding this can be found in article Upgrade from using Eikon Data API to the Data library (in Strategy section)

refinitiv.data is considered as feature complete, the maintainance release and support will still be provided. However, the new features will only be added into lseg.data. Plus, Some aspects of the public APIs will be slightly improved in the LSEG Data Library and the “eikon” module which is a duplicate of the Eikon library is removed from LSEG Data Library.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.