question

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Support on Downloading News from News Monitor

Dear customer support team,

I want to use the Refinitiv Eikon News Monitor to download most recent news for a list of companies (Input: Company Tickers), e.g. to Excel. However, I’m having problems to:

1. Adjust the search such that I see News that is specific to only the company I searched for. I don’t want to see News that is linked to my company’s ticker and the ticker of another company.
  2. download the list of News Headlines including the story for each News item from the News Monitor dashboard. I can only download a list of the News Headlines.

If it is not possible to download News directly from the desktop version of the News Monitor, I considered downloading News with a Python Data API. I understand that for this approach I would need access to Eikon Data API – how do I find out if this is provided in my current subscription? If it is – how do I access it?

Thank you very much for your support!

#productnews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
7.3k 18 2 8

Hi @stefano.doering ,

To access the news via API, I would suggest using our latest LD Libraries for Python. You can check the quickstart guide, documentation and tutorials here.

Also you find useful the news example notebook on our GitHub. Additionally, we have mane example notebooks in Codebook app inside LSEG Workspace.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.