question

Upvotes
Accepted
129 15 25 31

How to open chains with EMA

I would like to open chains with EMA Java, but it seems that EMA doesn’t provide this feature natively so I’ll have to implement that myself.

I think I understand the basic structure of these linked instruments but I have some unknowns and I’ve found nothing in the doc to help me. For example:

• How do I know that an RIC is a chain? Can I just verify if it starts with "0#"?
  • Can chains be updated? Can I assume the LONGNEXT_LR fields will never change?
elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apichain-ric
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
16.9k 80 39 63

Hi @Akechi Sato,

There is a great article, in 2-parts, within the TRDC Developer home page that discusses Chains in full detail which includes many example usages and also provides a re-usable source code library that you can use directly within your applications.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

That's great! Thanks Nick.

It looks like everything I need to know is in there.

Thank you very much.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.