question

Upvotes
Accepted
35 7 9 12

What are the parameters we have to pass for the below code consumer.registerClient(reqMsg.serviceName("DIRECT_FEED").name("IBM.N"), appClient);

@Wasin Waeosri/@steven.peng

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Chaitanya.Vishnubhotla,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

Hi @Chaitanya.Vishnubhotla. Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hi @Chaitanya.Vishnubhotla

EMA Java requires the service name and item name (RIC) for that statement. What is the data or content that you are looking for?

Alternatively, you can contact your MDS team and/or Thomson Reuters representatives to find the service name and item name that match your requirement.

Based on the code

consumer.registerClient(reqMsg.serviceName("DIRECT_FEED").name("IBM.N"), appClient);

the EMA Java's ReqMsg object needs two parameters for sending a subscribe request message to ADS server

• The ADS/TREP service name (like "ELEKTRON_DD", "hEDD", "IDN_RDF") provided by the ADS/TREP that you are connecting to. You can set it via .serviceName({service name}) function
  • The interested item name in the Reuters RIC code format (like "IBM.N" for IBM, "GOOG.O" for Google, AAPL.O for Apple). You can set it via .name({item name}) function
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
35 7 9 12

Hi @Wasin Waeosri

I am running example100__MarketPrice__Streaming.Consumer.java program
My host:port is 10.72.78.42:14002 and dacs userid is 721002 as per MDS team

I have got the inputs from BFI provider as service name = IDN_RDF and name = 586364OTC (Reuter identifier code RIC).
But when I input the details in above code snippet, I got below error.

StatusMsg

streamId="5"

domain="MarketPrice Domain"

state="Closed / Suspect / Not found / 'The record could not be found'"

name="586364OTC"

nameType="1"

serviceId="256"

serviceName="IDN_RDF"

StatusMsgEnd

Request you to plz tell me where I am going wrong.

icon clock
10 |1500

Also for other Item name {name= HLF.TO}, I got the below response

StatusMsg

streamId="5"

domain="MarketPrice Domain"

state="Closed / Suspect / Not entitled / 'Record not service permissioned'"

name="HLF.TO"

nameType="1"

serviceId="256"

serviceName="IDN_RDF"

StatusMsgEnd

Plz guide me in right direction

Hello @Chaitanya.Vishnubhotla

• The 'The record could not be found' error means the 586364OTC RIC name is invalid name or not available in the feed.

What is the data/content you are looking for this 586364OTC?

• The 'Record not service permissioned' error means your account doesn't have permission to subscribe the RIC from the feed due to your contract

I am contacting Hugo Garza-Galindo, Technical Account Manager who take care Franklin Templeton account to verify your permission.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

• The 'The record could not be found' error means the 586364OTC RIC name is invalid name or not available in the feed.
  • The 'Record not service permissioned' error means your account doesn't have permission to subscribe the RIC from the feed due to your contract

I suggest you contact Thomson Reuters representatives to verify your permission and the RIC name that match your requirement.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

While you are waiting to clarify what ric code to be used.

You can try FX rics just to see if your connection is working fine.

You can try "JPY=" or "EUR=" or "GBP=" as for example.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
35 7 9 12

Hi @Wasin Waeosri

in the code line below

consumer.registerClient(reqMsg.serviceName("IDN_RDF").name("/AAV.TO").interestAfterRefresh(false), appClient);

We are passing the Reuter Identification Code (RIC) as name parameter = "/AAV.TO".
But we have different Provider's providing the Identification code in different format like

CUSIP, Sedol & ISIN apart from RIC, request you to please let us know , how we can pass these values as parameters in the above code segment to get the prices snapshot

icon clock
10 |1500

@Chaitanya.Vishnubhotla

ERT feed or IDN_RDF feed does not support other identifiers such as ISIN, CUSIP, etc...

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.