question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 2

Confirming JSCC posted rates after submission

Hello team,

I am using a class similar to StarterConsumer_Post.java to post the Yen Swaps rates to JSCC at the end of AM and PM.

I'd like to know if there is a way that we could confrim the rates that we published to JSCC.

Though we do receive an ack response after posting a message, we'd like to see if we can retrieve the whole value as well. I don't believe the ack message would contain some values that we could verify what we've posted.

Could you advise if there is a nice way of doing this? One time query is fine (no subscribers up all day, but only one time batch to retrieve the values), and would help if you have anything like StarterConsumer_Post.java that I could refer to, as an example.

Thank you.

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hi @Koui

Basically, the OMM Post allows the consumer application push a content to the TREP Provider cache (mostly ADH) and Provider application, then the other consumer applications can consume that content from TREP/Provider.

If the StarterConsumer_Post.java can send the OMM Post message to JSCC (via TREP) and receive the ACK message, the other consumer application (example, StartConsumer example) that connects to the same TREP should be able to subscribe that data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1.5k 5 6 7

What is JSCC?
I assume it is an abbreviation of some sort that makes sense in your local area? (I'm guessing Japan :-)). Anyway, if assuming JSCC is something external from your organisation then it all depends if:

1. Does JSCC actually republish the rates you've supplied exactly as-is ?
  2. Does JSCC republish the rates you've supplied back to Thomson Reuters as RICs or on some other platform?
  3. Does JSCC republish rates that you've supplied immediately? (if not you'll have to wait until they do)

So, let's assume that the answer to all three questions is 'yes', then it would be a matter of waiting a minute or two and then doing some snapshot requests on the appropriate JSCC RICs and then compare the result of that to what you've sent in your post command. You can do that in a loop, meaning keep checking every 30 seconds or so until the JSCC RICs return the result you expect. There isn't a standard functionality to do this as that would imply that every organisation to which you can contribute rates from TR platform would be following the same pattern.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 2

Hi Lars-at-Addicticks,

First of all, thanks for taking a look and responding to my question.

To clarify, JSCC stands for Japan Securities Clearing Corporation.

https://www.jpx.co.jp/jscc/en/

I wanted to ask the specification on market data between JSCC and Reuters side, so I was expecting the question 1-3 to be answered by the experts. I also think JSCC interface might be unique enough preventing us from simply consuming the data.

By the way, is this not a good place for such region specific questions?

Regards,

Koui

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 2

Hi @Wasin Waeosri,

I confirmed that the rate could be subscribed, thanks a lot for your help and your hint.

Regards,
Koui

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.