question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 4 4 14

when data go big I got a jobID after HTTP status: 202, then I can grep data by using that ID. How to handle the return data, why some time give me JOBID some time not?

http-202.png

tick-history-rest-api
http-202.png (221.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Manigandan.R

This is a good opportunity to suggest to your customer to use the TRDC portal and forum. It is free, he can use a pseudo to avoid sharing his identity, he can find documentation, downloads, tutorials, and post queries on the forum directly. The contents of the forum are kept up to date, and the forum is quite active, so he will usually get quick responses.

Hello @Manigandan.R,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise, please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@Manigandan.R

Are you are doing a scheduled or On Demand extraction ? I'm guessing it is an On Demand one, please correct me if you are doing something else.

In a nutshell, if your request receives a 202 then it means the data extraction could not complete in a very short time (which is normal, especially if you are requesting more than a few elements of data), so you receive a locationURL which you must poll, until it returns a jobID. Only once you have the jobID you can retrieve the data.

The workflow for an On Demand extraction is explained in detail in the REST API Tutorial 3.

If this does not help, then please give us more details on exactly how you are proceeding.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
36 0 2 1

Please also see chapter 4 of the REST API guide as it explains the steps involved. It also provides examples you can use to test this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.