question

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

​Is there any limit on number of concurrent requests we can make using same account? (from Webinar May 31)

Is there any limit on number of concurrent requests we can make using same account? Version 1 had I think ... about max 40 inflight requests limit.

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

We do not limit the number of requests, but we limit the number of simultaneous downloads through our infrastructure. The default number of simultaneous downloads is 4, which suffices for most needs. In some cases Thomson Reuters might provide customers with more concurrent connections, based on the purchased content, to ensure timely delivery. You can ask your account manager to find out what your own limit is.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Version 12.0 brought some changes, please see this query.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

HI @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai

I had raised the issue regarding this concurrent issues some months back and the feedback that we received was that at a time we can have only 50 concurrent requests in progress for certain extractions i.e. (Tick History Time and Sales ,Tick History Market Depth ,Tick History Intraday Summaries and Tick History Raw). For e.g. if I created intraday summaries, I need to make sure that the current instance of time we can have maximum 50 requests. This was added in the release on 1 December 2017.

Limits mentioned in the documentation:

1. Each user can have up to 50 Tick History v2 requests running at any one time.

2. Each user can extract up to 5,000,000 RIC-days in requests that are running at any one time.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.