question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 4 4 6

How to Call onUpdateMsg() method when we are Using EMA Batch Request?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apibatchupdate-message
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Which EMA edition that you are using? I assumed that you are using Java edition, am I right?

I am Using C++ edition

Monitored by @Warat B.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.4k 10 6 9

The onUpdateMsg() should be called when the consumer received an update message, e.g. when there is a new quote or new trade.

However, please make sure that you haven't set the interestAfterRefresh to false.

UInt64 handle = consumer.registerClient( ReqMsg().serviceName( "API_ELEKTRON_EPD_RSSL" ).payload( ElementList().addArray( ENAME_BATCH_ITEM_LIST, OmmArray().addAscii( "JPY=" ).addAscii( "EUR=" ).complete() ).complete() ).interestAfterRefresh( true ) , client );
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @nishikarale

The developer does not call onUpdateMsg() , the API will call it as and when any new updates arrive from the server.

This is assuming that interestAfterRefresh() has not been set to false in your code - the default is true and it means that you interested in receiving updates after the Refresh (the first message with full field list) has been received.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.