question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 0 1 3

Session timeout during instrumentlist AppendValidated

Hi,

We are hitting the 25 minutes limit and timing out while appending an InstrumentList (65k RICs) using InstrumentListOperations.AppendValided (C#). Can we increase this 25min timeout limit ?

Thank you.

tick-history-rest-apiricsc#time-out
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

@rducharme

According to the Async key mechanism , the 25 minutes timeout is from the Thomson Reuters firewalls, so there might not be a way to increase it.

To avoid the timeout, you may split the instrument list into smaller list and then call AppendValidated for each list. For example, two AppendValidated calls for 32.5K RICs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Worked perfectly. I'm now validating and appending all my RICs lists in 5k subsets. It typically take about 3 minutes per subset, and now I have the flexibility to come up with lists of any size. Thank you.

Thank you for the update. Glad to know that my response can help. :)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.