question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 4 3 4

How to capture streaming data for particular symbol. Please provide sample code in EMA java?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apistreaming-prices
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @priyanka.mundargi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @priyanka.mundargi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @priyanka.mundargi

I would recommend starting with the the Quick Start and then working through the first 4 steps of the Tutorials for EMA Java.

You can also read some of the articles or watch some of the recorded webcasts e.g.

Intro to EMA

Intro to EMA Webinar

As far as standard documentation, the EMA Java Developer guide and Concepts guide are useful reading.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @priyanka.mundargi

Most of the EMA Java Consumer examples consume and process streaming data - with the exception of a few like the Snapshot example / offstream posting example etc.

The simplest example is example100__MarketPrice__Streaming. A slightly more advanced example is example200__MarketPrice__Streaming

The above examples can be found in series100 and series200 subfolders of Ema\Src\examples\java\com\thomsonreuters\ema\examples\training folder when unpack the ElektronSDK.

However, if you have not already done so, I would strongly recommend you work through the Quick Start and some of the Tutorials for EMA Java.

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes. i have implemented it in same way, But i need data for securities which are withing the symbols. Ho can we do that?

Please explain in more detail what it is you need to do with examples what you are initially consuming and what you mean by securities within the symbols.

assume i have got data for Symbol <ABCDEF> in below format : FieldEntry fid="000" name="LONGLINK1" dataType="Ascii" value="XXX1" FieldEntry fid="001" name="LONGLINK2" dataType="Ascii" value="XXX2" FieldEntry fid="002" name="LONGLINK3" dataType="Ascii" value="XXX3" and xxx1,XXX2,XXX3 are securities related to Symbol <ABCDEF>. right now am not getting data for xxx1,XXX2,XXX3 securities. Am using below snippet to register client: consumer.registerClient(EmaFactory.createReqMsg().serviceName("XYZ").payload(batch),appClient); Should i be using someting else?

Show more comments
Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @priyanka.mundargi

Looks like you are consuming a Chain RIC - please refer to the articles on Chains starting with Simple Chain objects for EMA - Part 1

Prior to that I would recommend you work through the standard Tutorials to get a better high level understanding of how EMA Java works - this will definitely help more sense of things.

icon clock
10 |1500

there are so many documents. Am confused from where to start?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.