For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvote
Accepted
31 1 0 4

Are API's for DataScope Select the same as DataScope Onsite?

Hi,

I have hard copy documentation for DataScope Onsite with Security Master fields I would like to get via REST API. For example - master_deal_id, prosp_issue, orig_bal and others that I don't have a DataScope Key for example - Deal Name, Vintage, Asset Class etc.

Is this the same as DataScope Select API?

If so, is there a document you can refer for my development team.

Thank you!

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssdocumentation
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@govind.sandhu, thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Hi @govind.sandhu,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
61 1 0 0

Try this link instead - https://customers.thomsonreuters.com/a/support/paz/pazDocs.aspx?dId=515597 You probably have to register/sign in.

Yes - DSS does supports reference data for Securitized products (ABS/CMO/CMBS/RMBS/CDO/CLO...) You may have to look at the Terms and Conditions template and the Bond Schedules templates.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
251 1 2 2

No it is not.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
31 1 0 4

Thank you, good to know. My next question:

Where can I find REST API documentation for DataScope Onsite?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
61 1 0 0

There is no REST API for Datascope Onsite. DSOS is a deployed server, and most clients use SQL to query the content from the server. If you work for an organization that has a deployed server, you should be able to connect to it. If you do not have access to a DSOS server, we'd have to install circuits to your location, and then install the server. DSOS is NOT a web-based product. Why do you think you need access to Datascope Onsite - or reworded - What does DSS not do that you think will be resolved on Datascope Onsite?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
61 1 0 0

Just reread the original comment - One option is for you to provide a complete list of the items you need that you do not see in DSS, so we can get them added to DSS. These are only done on a request database. What you could do it to go to my.thomsonreuters.com and "Raise a Case" from link on upper right. Please list all of the columns you need on this, and we will work to get these added to DSS.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
31 1 0 4

Awesome! That makes sense.

Do you have a link to some documentation that can guide me to all the fields that are available via DSS? I can run the comparison and then take the next steps as appropriate.

Thanks a lot.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
61 1 0 0
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
31 1 0 4

It doesn't look like I have access to this site. I keep getting timed out.

On a side note: I am looking for top line security master data primarily in the structured credit asset class - ABS, RMBS, CMBS, CLO's etc. Maybe these asset classes are not available in DSS?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
31 1 0 4

Very helpful. I really appreciate your responses! Thanks again.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Does anybody use DataScope Onsite remotely ( via VPN ) - any other way ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.