For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
588 14 21 19

I cannot load my instrument list from a csv file.

I have prepared an instrument list in a csv file, which my API program then reads. My list is a combination of sedols, cusips and isins. I can see that the process successfully reads the sedols and cusips, but not the isins. I then get an error message: "An unhandled exception of type 'ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.ValidationException' occurred in mscordlib.dll. Additional information: Instrument identifiers cannot contain null values. Parameter name: instrumentIdentifier"

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
301 14 33 39

it appears that you have not defined CUSIP as an identifietype when reading the instrument list, but you have defined SEDOL and ISIN. You can most likely resolve this by replicating the lines where you define SEDOL or ISIN. I would add CUSIP with the suggested lines below:

if (identifiertype == "CSP")
{
	yourinstruments[n] = new InstrumentIdentifier();
	yourinstruments[n].IdentifierType = IdentifierType.Cusip;
	yourinstruments[n].Identifier = identifiervalue;
	yourinstruments[n].UserDefinedIdentifier = userdefinedidentifiervalue;
	yourinstruments[n].Source = SourceValue;
}
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.