question

Upvotes
Accepted
20 6 6 8

RIC change: Cannot get TimeAndSales for Historic Instrument

I have an information for RIC change from CBG.N to CBRE.N on 2018-03-20 as shown below.

I could get ElektronTimeseries data for CBRE.N from 2018-01-01 to 2018-02-01 whereas no data for CBG.N during the same period. This is fine.

On the other hand, when I requested a TimeAndSales for CBRE.N for 2018-01-01 to 2018-02-01, I've got NO data. Neither did I get any data for CBG.N during the same period.

How can I retrieve TimeAndSales when RIC changed?

dss-rest-apitick-history-rest-apiricsrest-apipricing
ricchange.png (63.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.4k 10 6 9

For Elektron Time Series, We have carried forward the pricing data from <CBG.N> to <CBRE.N>, this is the reason you are getting the data before and after RIC change.

But in TAS it will only the current data after change for the new RIC and you have to use <CBG.N> for 2018-01-01 to 2018-02-01.

However, since <CBG.N> has been delisted, you may have to use the Historical Search when using Web GUI or allow Historical Instruments in case of REST API in order to use the <CBG.N> RIC.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This answer is from Case: 06488547 where this client submitted this question to TRTH support.

Upvote
13.7k 26 8 12

@Hilarius, you should use the latest RIC name when retrieving data, i.e. CBRE.N.

That said, I reproduce what you observe, i.e. I get ElektronTimeseries data for CBRE.N from 2018-01-01 to 2018-02-01, but when I request TimeAndSales data I receive nothing, and the extraction notes deliver this message:

Instrument <RIC,CBRE.N> expanded to 0 RICS.

For data content query like this one, the best and speediest way to receive an answer is to open a content-related enquiry via My Account or to call the Thomson Reuters Help Desk directly.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.